I normally deal with different aspects of storage (arguably far more exciting) but I thought I would write something to provide some common sense perspective on the current state of 7-Mode to cDOT adoption.
I will tackle the following topics:
- cDOT vs 7-Mode capabilities
- Claims that not enough customers are moving to cDOT
- 7-Mode to cDOT transition is seen by some as difficult and expensive
- Some argue it might make sense to look at competitors and move to those instead
- What programs and tools are offered by NetApp to make transition easy and quick
- Migrating from competitors to cDOT